We have put together an FAQ to answer the most important questions about special designated areas (SDAs) in Malta.
Special designated areas are luxury real estate developments in prime locations across Malta and Gozo. These developments are complemented by amenities such as spa facilities, restaurants and supermarkets that are directly accessible for residents.
The special designated areas are:
– Portomaso Development, St. Julian’s, Malta
– Portomaso Extension I, St. Julian’s, Malta
– Cottonera Development, Cottonera, Malta
– Manoel Island / Tigne Point, Sliema / Gzira, Malta
– Tas-Sellum Residence, Mellieha, Malta
– Southridge, Mellieha, Malta
– Madliena Village Complex, Madliena Village, Malta
– Smart City, Kalkara, Malta
– Fort Cambridge Zone, Tigne, Malta
– Ta’ Monita Residence, Marsascala, Malta
– Pender Place and Mercury House Site, Paceville St.Julians, Malta
– Metropolis Plaza, Gzira, Malta
– Quad Business Towers, Mriehel, Malta
– Pender Place and Mercury House Site, Extensions I, II, III, IV and V, Paceville St. Julians, Malta
– Fort Chambray, Ghajnsielem, Gozo
– Kempinski Residences, San Lawrenz, Gozo
– Vista Point, Marsalforn, Gozo
– Mistra Heights, Mistra, Malta
No, neither Maltese nor EU citizens and non-EU citizens require an AIP permit to acquire a property in a special designated area.
Unlike for properties in other areas, there is no limitation to the number of properties you can buy in special designated areas.
Yes, you may rent out properties to third parties that are located in special designated areas.